A common Business to Business (B2B) practice is to allow your customers the opportunity to have the product(s) shipped to them first and pay their outstanding balance within 30-days. This payment agreement is typically known as a Net 30 payment method, but there are also Net 60 and Net 90 variations that can be used as well.
While the actual invoicing, management and collection of funds is typically handled by whatever accounting software you use for your business, your store will still need to be set up with a payment option that will be used during the order to mark it as a Net 30 selection. This portion of the process can be done by using an Offline Payment method in your store.
To set up your store's Net 30 payment option:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager.
- Using the left hand navigation menu,
- Go to Settings >Payments
- Under the "Payment Methods" section, click on "Select Payment Methods "
- Click on the "+Add New" button located towards the top right
- Using the available fields, configure the following information:
This allows you to specify which Country this payment method will apply to
This will allow you to specify which states of the Country selected this payment method will apply to
- Payment Method:
Using the drop down menu, scroll to the very bottom of the list and select Custom as the offline payment method
- Order Amount Min/Max :
Use the Minimum and Maximum fields to create a range that this offline payment method will apply to.
- Customer Group:
Since you will likely be using this payment method for a specific group of customers, select it from the Customer Group dropdown.
- Click on the "+Add" button to finish the initial set up.
These steps will complete the initial set up of the offline payment method. To fine-tune the same method, follow these next steps:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you reach "Additional Gateways" where you will see your newly added "Custom" payment method.
- Look to the far right of the method and click on the "settings" link.
From here, you can change the caption of the payment method so that it displays on the store front with whatever designation you need. For example "Net 30" or "Net 60" etc.
You can also add additional requirements to the payment method as needed. For example, you may want to require the client's accounting number or something similar to that they need to add to further help match the orders in your specific accounting software.
To request/require this:
- Type in the name of the requirement you'd like to have (i.e. Account Number)
- Specify its length and make it a requirement if needed
- You can click the "+Add" button on the requirements to add additional fields as needed.
Clicking on Advanced Settings will allow you to edit the previous settings (mentioned above) as well as:
- Confirmation Msg:
This is the message that the customer will see once they have completed an order using this payment method. You can use this field for additional instructions for this payment method (i.e. for a Net 30 scenario perhaps something to indicate that they will be sent an invoice soon)
This is the description that will display to the customer describing this payment method
After making any additional changes needed for the payment method, click "Save" at the top right to set them on the store.