Your store customer passwords can be reset in either of two ways:
- As merchant, you can manually change a user's password via the Shift4Shop Online Store Manger
- Your customer can also change the password themselves, by using the "Forgot Password?" link in the store front.
We'll explain both methods here.
Merchant Changes the Customer's Password
From the Online Store Manager:
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Customers >Customer List
- Locate the customer record you'd like to edit and click on the customer's name.
- While viewing the customer record, click on the ****** link shown under "Password"
- Enter a new password for the customer and click on the green check mark to add the new password.
- Click "Save" at the top right of the page to set
The customer's password is now changed
Customer Changes their own Password
For your customers who want to change their own passwords, the following steps can be used:
- Go to the Online Store Front
- Click on the login link (or go to the My Account link)
- In the "Returning Customers" section, click on the "Reset My Password" button
A small popup window will appear
- Enter the email address used for the customer record
- Click "Reset My Password"
The store will send your customer record an email with a special link that will allow the customer to reset/change their own password.