If you are using CCBill as your payment processor, the following steps will show you how to add it to your store properly.
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >Payment
- Click the "Select Payment" button under the Payment Methods section.
- At the top right of the page, click on the "+Add New" button.
- In the Add New Payment Type section, select the country and state you would like this payment method made available to.
- In the "Payment Method" drop down menu, select CCBill
- Enter the minimum and maximum value orders can be to use this payment method.
- Select the customer group you would like this payment method applicable to
(Tip: All = customers in any group | None = customers in no particular group | Phone Orders = only phone orders)
- Then click on the "+Add" button to continue
These steps will have created the payment method, but you will have additional settings that can be further configured.
- Locate your newly created Online Payment method on the list of Payment methods.
(It will be listed under "Additional Gateways" in the middle of the page.)
- Click on the "Settings" link to the far right of it
Once there, you may change the "Caption" of the payment method to whatever you'd like it to read on the store front. Typically, the caption will read "Online Credit Card.", but you may change it to read anything you'd like. For example, "Pay with CCBIll." You will also have the following fields to enter your CCBill account credentials:
Enter your CCBill Account credentials
(Important: be sure to separate both account and subaccount numbers with a / forward slash)
Click the "Change" link to set the account's salt value
- Form name/Subscription Length
Enter the form name and subscription length.
In regards to the Form name/Subscription Length, the Subscription Length is optional. However, if you are adding it, be sure to separate it from the form name with a / forward slash as well
While viewing the gateway method's settings, you will see a button labeled "Advanced Settings" which will give you the following configuration options:
- Order Amount Min; & Order Amount Max:
These were set during the initial creation of the payment method (see step 6 above). Here you can edit them as needed.
- Customer Group:
This was set during the initial creation of the method (See step 7 above). Here you can edit the setting as needed.
will make the method available to all of your shoppers - regardless of the pricing group they belong to.
will make the method available to shoppers who do not yet belong to a customer group
- "Phone Orders"
will make the method available only when using the Phone Orders function.
- Individual Group
Or you may limit the use of the payment method so that it applies only to one of your existing customer groups
- Order Status
This setting will determine which order status that orders using this method will automatically go into. Your choices are New or Unpaid.
Since it is an online payment method, you will likley want it to go to new, since payment is typically applied by the gateway.
- Country/State Exclude List
When you initially added the payment method, you set the country and state that it would apply to (See step 4 above)
With the "Edit Exclude List" link, you can further limit which countries and/or states that are excluded from using the method.
- Confirmation message
This will display to the customer once the purchase has been completed – Example: Thank you for your purchase!
This is Optional. The description will display next to the payment method – Example: Check out Securely with our Payment Service.
Once your advanced settings are configured, click the "OK" button to set them. Finally, click on the "Save" button at the top right to commit all of your changes.
Your store is now set to use CCBill for its payment processing.