If you'd like to create a coupon that offers a percentage amount off on the shopper's order, simply mark the "%" checkbox as you're creating the promotion.
For a more in-depth explanation, please use the following steps.
For this article, we'll be making a one use per customer 15% off coupon that will be good for one month. Feel free to edit the individual settings to meet your criteria as needed!
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Marketing ->Promotion Manager
- Click the "+Add Promotion" button located along the top right of the page to begin
- Under "Promotion Name" enter the name of the promotion.
15% off your purchase!
- (Optional): Under "Promotion Description" enter a brief description of the promotion.
This Month's Savings
15% off your first order this month!
Limit one use per customer.
- Using the "Start Date" and "End Date" selectors, set this promotion's lifespan for one month.
- Then, set the "Promotion Type" selection for "Coupon Promo"
- Over to the right, set the "Promotion Coupon" to take15off
This will be the code that shoppers will enter during checkout to get their discount.
- Under the "Discount" field, enter the number 15
- Then, place a mark in the "%" checkbox.
- And finally, click "Save" to create the promotion
At this point, the promotion is created but it is not yet active. We still have to enable it. After clicking "Save" in the above step, you will see the page split into two halves. On the left hand side you'll see the basic details of the promotion you just created, and on the right hand side you'll see fine tuning options (More on those in a moment...)
- At the bottom of the left hand side, look at the "Uses Per Customer" field and make sure there is a 1 in it.
- Then, look to the top of the page where you will see the following legend:
Warning This promotion is not enabled, click here to enable it now
- Click on the enable link
Fine-Tuning the Promotion
If you followed the above steps, the result would be a coupon code that will give a (one time) 15% discount to any of your shoppers during the month long period of the promotion. This coupon will also apply to any product in your store.
There are several options at your disposal however that let you further fine-tune the promotion to meet your needs. Let's back up a bit to step 11 above so we can briefly explain your fine tuning options.
As mentioned, after clicking "Save" (but before enabling the promotion) you'll see the page split up into two halves. The left half contains the basic details of the promotion, while the right hand side contains your fine tuning options. The fine-tuning sections are split into the following:
- Promotion Offers
What the promotion gives to the shopper
- Promotion Rules
The conditions that need to be met in order to be eligible for the promotion.
Here we'll give a brief description of the various settings. For more complete information, please review our Promotion Tutorial located here.
Under Promotion Offers, you'll find the following settings:
- Discount Offered
The amount of the discount that the promotion will award upon its use.
You will have these additional checkboxes available as well:
- Is Percentage
Denotes the discount as being a percentage of the order's total
- Applies per Item
Applies the discount to each item of the order individually
- Free Shipping
Offeres free shipping on the order as part of the promotion
- Exclude Products from these Manufacturers
Use this section to select the manufacturers for products that you'd like to exclude from receiving the discount.
- Include Products in these Categories
This section can be used to select the categories of products that will get the applied discount.
- Discount Applies to this Product
Use this option if you'd like for the discount to be given on one specific item rather than the whole order.
- Bonus Reward Point
This function will let you award Reward Points to the shopper as part of the promotion.
Under Promotion Rules, you will have these options:
- Requires Coupon
Controls whether the offer will require entering a coupon code, or if it's an autmatically applied offer
- Coupon Code
If "Requires Coupon" is set for yes, then here is where you'll enter your code.
- Country & State
Use these options if you would like to set the promotion to be applicable to specific geographic locations.
- Order Quantity
Allows you to set the coupon eligibility for a numbered range of products in the cart
- Order Amount ($)
Allows you to set the coupon eligibility for a range of value amounts on the order
Allows you to prevent this promotion from being used in conjunction (stacked) with other promotions.
- Excluded Items
Set your options here if you would like to exclude certain items from allowing the promotion to trigger.
- Applies if Products from these Categories are in the Basket
Use this section to add categories of products which will trigger the promotion's eligibility
- Applies if these Products are in the Basket
Or, use this section if you would like to make specific products and unit amounts the trigger for the promotion
These settings can be used in several combinations to achieve different promotional effects, so feel free to get creative!
- Can I create a percent based promotion?
- How do I offer a 15% off coupon?
- How do I give a percentage discount?