Bread is a financing solution for ecommerce stores that allows shoppers to pay for their purchases with installment plans while the merchant is paid in full. To add the Bread payment option to your store, sign up for the service here. When you create your Bread account, be sure to go to your settings section (in the Bread interface) and retrieve your API & Secret Keys.
Once you have these in place, proceed with the following steps:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >Payment
- Next, click on the "Select Payment Methods" button to proceed.
On the Payment Methods page, you will see a section at the top labeled "Recommended Payment Solutions" with several pre-added payment methods. Just below this section you will see a section labeled "Payment Methods" where you can manually add your selected payment gateways and methods. To continue:
- Click on the "Add New" button at the top right of the Payment methods section
- In the Add New Payment Method section, click on the "Payment Method" drop down menu, select "Bread Checkout" as your payment gateway (they are listed alphabetically)
- Select the country and state you would like this payment method made available to.
- Enter the minimum and maximum value orders can be to use this payment method.
- Select the customer group you would like this payment method applicable to.
- Then click on the "Add New" button to continue
The payment method is now added to your store and will be listed in the "Payment Methods" section. From here, you will need to configure the method to work with your Bread account.
- Locate your newly added Bread Checkout payment method and click on its on/off toggle switch to open it
(if it's not already open)
- Copy/Paste your Bread API key in the provided field
- Then click on the "Change" link next to "Secret Key" and copy/paste your Secret Key into the provided field.
At this point in the process, you can save the page at the top right and Bread Checkout will be enabled on your store.
You also make the following changes to your newly added payment method before saving.
- To change the caption (default is Online Credit Card) that displays on the store front for the method, click on the pencil icon next to Caption to enter your own label for the payment method.
- Next to the region specification, you will see a link labeled "Exclude List" which will let you exclude users in specific locations from using the Bread Checkout method.
Next to the on/off toggle switch you will see an action wheel that allows you to enter into the method's Advanced Settings. From this section you can change the following:
- Minimum and Maximum Order Amount
The order amount ranges that the payment method will appear for. Order must be within the specifed ranges for the payment method to be applied.
- Customer Group
The specific customer pricing groups that the method will appear for. Customer must be logged into the specifed group in order for the payment method to be used.
- Order Status
Allows you to have orders paid with the method to appear in either the New or Unpaid order statuses.
Not used for Bread
- Confirmation Message
Not used for Bread
After making advanced settings changes, click Save to have the changes committed to the store.
How It Works
When enabled, the Bread Checkout financing option image will appear in your Product Listing pages, your view cart page and your checkout page.
Be aware that the display of the Bread buttons on your store will rely on special HTML coding on the specified templates. If you have no customizations on your HTML templates, then these files are being served from the common folder and therefore the buttons will display. However, if you have customizations to your listing page template, view cart, or checkout pages, you will need to add the Bread checkout coding to each altered template to see the buttons.
The proper coding can be taken from the respective files in your common folder. Just search on the unaltered templates from common for the BREADCHECKOUT comment tags to get the right code.