There are multiple ways of adding products to your Shift4Shop Store, each with their own strengths and weaknesses:
Manually specifying product information
Adding products directly from the Online Store Manager.
- More hands-on approach.
- Better suited for fine tuning.
- Great for both beginners and users more familiarized with Shift4Shop.
- Time consuming
- Not suited for large stores with many products
Using a populated .csv text files to import and add products to your store.
- Fastest method available.
- Better suited to large stores
- Excellent for adding, removing or updating product information en masse.
- Slight learning curve involved with CSV
- Can be a bit overwhelming for beginners
- Greater potential for end-user error.
The Following Knowledge Base Articles will give you information available for each of these methods.
Manual Product Adding From the Online Store Manager
CSV Import of Products
As mentioned, the CSV product import is the fastest and best suited option for adding products to large stores. However, it will can require a bit of a learning curve.
Therefore, a good practice is to first create a small handful of products directly from the Online Store Manager. Then, export your created products from the store. This way, you are able to see your exported items in spreadsheet form and better correlate the columns with their specified attributes.