Google Pay is a payment system offered by Google that allows shoppers to purchase from your store on their mobile phones (Android, using Google Chrome). The service also allows users to use the payment cards they have on file with Google Play.
3dcart's integration with Google Pay is made possible through Stripe, so you will need the following to set it up on your store:
- A Stripe account with the gateway set up on your 3dcart store.
- A Google Merchant ID (click here to sign up for one.)
Once in the developers site, you will also need to register the domain for the store by scrolling down to the Enable Websites section (see screenshot below).
Once you have Stripe set up and configured on your store, proceed with the following steps to set up Google Pay
- Log into your 3dcarrt Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Modules
- Once there, use the search bar at the top of the page and search for "Pay with Google"
This will display and open the Pay with Google module. To continue:
- Click on "Change Settings"
On the settings page, you will have the following fields:
- Enable Pay With Google
Mark this checkbox to enable the payment method
- Merchant ID
Enter your Google Merchant ID in this field
- Payment Gateway
Choose the applicable Payment Gateway that will be used to allow you to use Google Pay
Currently, 3dcart's ability to use Google Pay is through the Stripe Payment Gateway. As compatibility with other payment gateways is made available, they will appear in this drop down menu. For now, however, Stripe will be the only one listed.
- Once your settings are configured, click "Save" at the top right of the page.
After your set up is completed, be sure to contact Google to let them know your site is ready. From this point, they (Google) can perform the end-to-end testing needed to complete the onboarding process.
When browsing your store on an Android mobile device (using Chrome), users will see the google pay button in the following locations:
- On the product page when viewing individual items
- On the view cart page
- On the checkout pages