With Version 8 of the 3dcart software, you can connect your store to the Facebook Shop Tab and synchronize your products directly onto your Facebook business page. Your Facebook Business Page visitors can then view your products and click through to your store.
To set up this integration, take the following steps:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Modules
- Once the Module page loads, use the search bar at the top to locate the "Facebook Shop Integration" module
- Then, click on the link labeled "Change Settings"
If this is your first time setting up the module, you will see a button labeled "Initiate Onboard Process." This is used to integrate your 3dcart store with your Facebook business page's admin profile.
- Click on the "Initiate Onboard Process" button
- Log into your Facebook profile*
(If you are already logged into your Facebook Profile, simply proceed to the next step.)
Make sure that you are logged into the Facebook Profile which is the admin for your Facebook Business Page.
A small pop up window will appear with the folloaing selections
- Business Contact Email
The email address that is used for your store's notifications
- Company Name
The name of your store which will be displayed on the Facebook Shop Tab pages.
- Terms and Conditions
The URL to your store's Terms and Conditions page.
Use this drop down menu to select the general category that your store's products will fall under on Facebook's shop pages
- Primary Page
Select the Business page on your Facebook Profile that will be sued for the Store Tab
- Once you are satisfied with your configurations, click "Save" to continue.
A second popup will appear listing the Facebook Commerce Policies and a button signaling your acceptance of them.
- If you accept the terms put forth by Facebook, click on the "Accept terms" button to continue
The integration will now begin synchronizing your products to Facebook
Be aware that the numbers shown during the synchronization of your products may not necessarily reflect the actual number of items in your store.
The "Total" will reflect the total products that are eligible to be synched (i.e. not hidden products, or products marked not for sale, etc). The synchronization process itself can take some time to fully complete and larger catalogs will be queued during the the sync. As products are queued, they are then synchronized in batches to the Facebook API. The total number will slowly increase as batches are synchronized. This means that (at first) you could potentially see a number listed under "Total" that is far less than your store's actual total. "Total" is simply reflecting the number of products that are synched so far.
It is also important to note that each advanced option (with SKU) will be considered a separate product. So after all is said and done, you may notice in some cases that the total is larger than your store's catalog.
Furthermore, when viewing "Pending" items log, you may see some items listed multiple times. This is usually because the item may have mulitple issues that are preventing its synchronization.
Please be aware of the following requirements/information that are due to how the integration works with Facebook's API:
- The product synchronization may take up to 30 minutes to start
- Products with all CAPS in the name and/or short description will be rejected by Facebook’s API
- The following are required for all products:
- Category (products must belong to at least one category)
- Product requires either one of these 3: manufacturer, MPN or GTIN
- Product must contain a short description
- Product must contain a thumbnail and main image
- Product stock should be a number between 0 and 999
- Product must have a Name
- Product must have a SKU/ID
- If using Advanced Options, the SKU on the option level is required as this will be the ID used to identify the specific product variation.
Displaying the Tab on Facebook
For the most part, the "Shop" tab will appear automatically on your Facebook business page (after synchronization is complete). If - for some reason - it does not, you can follow these steps to get it to display correctly.
- Log into your Facebook Profile
- Look to the left of the profile page and click on the "Pages" link to view a list of your Business pages
- Then, click on the business page that is synchronized with your store
If the integration is successful, you should see a button labeled "Shop Now" directly beneath your page's banner image, and a link labeled "Shop" on your page's left hand banner. If these are not appearing, proceed with the next steps:
- Look to the top right of your business page and click on the "Settings" link
- Once at the settings page, locate the "Edit Page" link listed on the left hand side.
You will now see a page with a listing of the page's tabs. If the "shop" tab is not listed, you may try either of the following options to enable it.
- Change your current Facebook page template
Some of the templates have the "shop" tab as a standard tab. To select a different template, click on the "Edit" button next to the "Current Template" listing found near the top of the edit page.
- Manually Add the Tab
Nearer to the bottom of the Edit page, you'll see a button labeled "Add a Tab." Clicking on this button will list available tabs that you can add to your business page. Select the "Shop" tab to add it to your page.
You may move the tab up or down the list using the icon to the left of each tab in the Edit page list.