3dcart's Multiple Distributors plugin allows you to set up your products as belonging to more than one distributor for drop shipping. With it, you can also specify regions each distributor will ship to, to help you save on shipping costs. The distributor used for the order will depend on the shipping destination's proximity to the distributor.
3dcart's Multiple Distributors add-on is available as an additional purchase from the 3dcart App Store. Please click here for ordering information, or contact your sales associate.
Once you have received confirmation that the add-on has been enabled on your store, proceed with the following steps to begin using it.
Setting Up Your Distributor Regions
Before you proceed, you should first have your drop shipping distributors set up on the store. If not, please review the knowledgebase article located here to complete this first portion of the process. After the dropshipper records are added to your store, you may proceed with the following steps where we will illustrate how to set up their individual regions.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings ->General ->Distributors
- Select the first Distributor you will add regions for and click on its respective "Edit" button
- Click on the "Shipping States" button located at the top right of the distributor's record page.
You will see a page with all of the states of the region located on the left hand side and a blank area to the right
3dcart automatically contains states and provinces for U.S. and Canada, respectively. All other countries are not pre-populated. If you do not have states or regions listed on the left hand pane, you will need to set them up in your store's Settings =>Shipping =>Shipping Countries section. Click here for more information on this topic.
To assign a region to the Distributor, select the state(s) from the left hand side and click on the Right Pointing Arrows to move the region to the right and assign them to the Distributor. (See image)
You can select multiple Regions by holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard and mouse clicking each selected area.
- Repeat the process for each of your remaining Dropshipper Distributors.
Setting Up Your Multiple Distributor Products
The next steps will be to assign individual products to multiple distributors. To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to Products ->Product List
- Locate the item that you would like to set for Multiple Distributors, and click on its thumbnail, ID or name to edit it.
- In the Distributor section of the product's Information Tab (next to Manufacurers), set the radio button to "Multiple"
- and click on the "Distributors Settings" link that appears.
A pop out window will appear that will let you add the multiple distributors to the item.
- Click on "Add New" at the top of the window
- Select the applicable Distributor from the dropdown menu as shown
- and click Save.
If the distributor uses different item numbers, cost or stock IDs, you may enter them here. Otherwise, blank entries will use the information taken directly from the product's database record on your store.
- Repeat these steps for each additional distributor needed on the item
Continue the process until all of your applicable products are updated with their multiple distributors.
As orders come in, they will be shipped from the distributor that has the shopper's state assigned to them. Meaning that - if distributor A is assigned to West Coast states like California and distributor B is assigned to East Coast states like Florida - then orders shipping to Florida will be fulfilled by distributor B rather than A.