Stripe is a transparent online payment system that allows individuals and businesses to accept credit card payments over the Internet . This article will show how to easily integrate the Stripe Online Payment Sytstem to your 3dcart Powered Online Store.
Stripe is currently available for merchant payments in the US, UK, Canada, and Ireland with many other international areas in the works! Click here for more information on their current global solutions.
Adding the Stripe Payment Module to your 3dcart Store
The first step is to add the Payment Module to your store. To do this:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigatio menu, go to Settings ->Payment
- Next, click on the "Select Methods" button underneath Payment Methods
- Click on the "+Add New" button at the top right
- Configure your base Payment Method settings such as Country, State, Order amounts and Customer Groups (as applicable)
- In the Payment Method Drop Down menu, look for and select "Stripe"
- Click Save once you're done.
Connecting to Stripe
Next, we'll connect your store to the Stripe Service.
- Click on the "Connect with Stripe" button as shown.
You will then be taken to a sign up form on Stripe's service requesting authorization to connect to your 3dcart store to your Stripe account.
At this point, you can either create an account for yourself on Stripe, or - if you already have a Stripe account - log into your account to allow the connection.
Creating an account with Stripe is quick and easy and is available instanly upon signing up. Stripe's service is charged on a per transaction basis with no monthly, setup, or validation fees. Click here for more information about Stripe's pricing structure.
After authorizing the connection, your 3dcart store will automatically be connected to your stripe account, and you can begin accepting payments instantly!
If you are already logged into your Stripe account before clicking the "Connect with Stripe" button (see step 8), then you will not be directed to the sign up/login form at all. Stripe will automatically be connected to your store instantly.
Configuring the Stripe Module
Once the Stripe Module is connected to your store, you may proceed with configuring the rest of the Stripe module in your 3dcart store.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings ->Payment
- Next, click on the "Select Payment Methods" button underneath Payment Methods
- Locate the Stripe module and you will notice the following settings:
Payment Display Parameters
These settings will control how and when the Payment Method displays for your shoppers
- Advanced Settings
Click this link to set the following parameters:
- Minimum and Maximum Order Amount ranges that the payment method will display for
- Customer Group that the payment method will display for
- Order Status that the orders will go into when paid with this method
- Description text for the payment method
- Confirmation Message for the payment method
Click on the Caption Link to change the display name that is used for the payment method on your store front.
(Default is "Online Credit Card")
- Region Exclude List
Click on this link to set regions that will be excluded for this payment method. For example, if you want to prevent the payment method from appearing for certain geographical locations, you would add those places to the exclude list.
Payment Module Settings
These next settings will control options that are available through your account with the Payment Gateway. These are:
- Test Mode
Use this checkbox to place the payment method into Test Mode, which allows you to place test orders without actually charging the card.
- Save the customer information for future transactions
Use this checkbox to use Stripe's tokenization options which will allow your shopper's credit card information to be saved on their account for future transactions.
- Authorize Only
Use this checkbox to set the payment method to Authorize Only, which will allow you to collect payment on the order after it is processed and shopped. Click here for more information.
- Stripe JS
Mark this checkbox to enable Stripe's updated JS checkout form*
Stripe JS uses stripes most up-to-date API to handle the shopper's credit card information and payment. It is currently provided as an optional setting (the checkbox mentioned above) on the 3dcart payment module. Eventually however, it will be a default setting. Therefore, it is best to begin using it now upon release of 3dcart version 8.3
If you have customizations to your checkout templates prior to version 8.3 of the 3dcart software, please be sure to update them to the latest version in order to use Stripe JS on your site.