For 3dcart's PayPal Advanced and PayPal PayFlow Link integrations, you will need to configure the following settings in both your 3dcart Online Store Manager and your specific manager.paypal.com interface. This KB article will describe the settings needed.
Please be aware that PayPal Advanced is not supported on mobile devices at this time. We recommend using a different PayPal integration for use on mobile.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- A valid 3dcart Account. (Not available for Trial/Demo accounts)
- A PayPal Advanced (or PayPal PayFlow Link) Account with the following:
- Access to your account at https://manager.paypal.com
- Partner Name (Usually "paypal")
- Merchant Login
Once you have all of the above you may proceed with the following steps:
3dcart Online Store Manager Setup
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Use the left hand navigation menu and go to Settings ->Payment
- Click on the "+Add New" icon at the top right of the page.
- Specify your Payment Method parameters as needed. (i.e. country, state, order amounts, & customer group)
- From the Payment Method drop down menu, select PayPal Advanced.
It will be grouped together near the bottom of the list under the heading "Alternative Payments"
- Then click "Save"
Now that you have your PayPal Advanced method setup, you will enter your account information. When you set up your PayPal Advanced account, you would have been given a Merchant Login, User Name, and Password for the PayPal service. (The Partner Name is already integrated on your store)
- Please enter the applicable information in the fields shown below:
Note: For the Password, click on the icon located to the right of the word "enter"
- Then click "Save."
Some Additional Notes:
- Other PayPal Methods
If you plan to use PayPal Advanced or the new PayPal PayFlow Link method, please be aware that you will also need to remove all other PayPal methods to avoid conflicts.
- Template Considerations:
Also, please be aware that the PayPal Advanced and PayFlow Link Methods are controlled via specific iFrame coding that needs to be present on your checkout pages. Therefore, if you have any customizations to your checkout pages, you will need to overwrite these with a clean template served directly from 3dcart's Common template folder. (FTP Path: web/assets/templates/common-html5)
Settings at https://manager.paypal.com
The next part of the setup process involves configuring two settings on your PayPal Advanced Account. The following Steps will show how to do this:
- Log into your account at https://manager.paypal.com
- Click on "Service Settings" at the top of the page.
- Then click on the link labeled "Set Up"
- Under "Display Options on Payment Page" enter your secure URL in the "Enter Error URL" field.*
- Under the "Payment Confirmation" section, enter your secure URL the "Enter Return URL" field.*
- Be sure the "Return URL Method is set to "POST"
- Next, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page until you see a setting labeled "Enable Secure Token"
- Set this setting to "Yes" and click "Save changes."
Mostof the various call back URLs are provided through the integration we've developed with PayPal. However we've highlighted a few steps above that are necessary before continuing with the integration process.
Part of the integration requires the use of a specific template layout being selected in your PayPal Manager interface. (See step 11 below) However, in order to use that layout, you must first enter Error and Return URL paramaters into the set up pages.
After saving changes on this page, you will proceed to the next few steps, select the required layout, and then come back to the set up page to remove those URLs. Please see step 12 below.
- After Saving the token setting, once again click on "Service Settings" at the top of the page.
- This time, click on the link labeled "Customize"
- Select "Layout C" then click on "Save and Publish" as shown.
- After saving the Layout selection, please go back to the Service Settings page
- Click on "Set up" once again.
- Under "Display Options on Payment Page" remove the secure URL the the "Enter Error URL" field.*
- Now scroll down further to the "Payment Confirmation" section and remove your secure URL the "Enter Return URL" field.*
- Save Changes
Aside from the above changes, please also make sure your PayPal advanced profile is set to Live transaction process mode instead of "test"
To check this setting, go to the "set up" tab of your manager.paypal.com interface and set your transaction process mode to "Live" using the drop down menu at the very top of the page.
Your PayPal Advanced Method is now set up. To ensure it is working, place a test order on your store and - when you get to the final checkout page - you should see a screen similar to the following:
The Payment Method will allow your customers to checkout using their PayPal account (similar to PayPal Express redirect) as well as entering their credit card information directly onto your page (similar to PayPal Pro)