The following steps will allow you to integrate the Cybersource Payment method with your 3dcart store.
Transaction Security Key
Before you can add the payment method to your 3dcart store, you will need to generate a simple order API security key on your Cybersource account. Please visit Cybersource's documentation here for information on creating and using security keys.
The following excerpt (copied from page 7 of their documentation) describes the basics of what you'll need to do:
To generate a security key:
- Step 1 Log in to the Business Center.
- Step 2 In the left navigation panel, choose Account Management > Transaction Security Keys.
- Step 3 In the Transaction Security Keys window, click Security Keys for the Simple Order API.
- Step 4 In the Security Keys for the Simple Order API window, click 2048-Bit Key.
Note: Clicking 2048-Bit Key causes the Java applet on the Business Center web site to download 1.5 megabytes of executable code that is used to generate the certificate request in the next step. The download may take several minutes.
- Step 5 In the New Security Key window, click Generate Certificate Request. A warning message may appear.
- Step 6 In the warning message window, verify that the certificate is signed by CyberSource, and dismiss the message. While the new key is generated, messages appear in the Messages text box. Your browser then opens a Save As dialog box.
- Step 7 In the Save As dialog box, navigate to a safe location for your key, which is named <merchant ID>.p12. Be sure to use separate locations for the test and production environments. Be careful not to overwrite a key in the wrong directory
Once the key is generated and saved, you may proceed with the steps below to add Cybersource to your 3dcart store.
Adding Cybersource To Your 3dcart Store
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager.
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >Payment
- Once in the Payment page, click on the "Select Payment Methods" button
This will take you to the area of the Online Store Manager where you can add or review your store's payment modules. Along the top of the page, you will see pre-installed payment modules within a section labeled "Recommended Payment Solutions." Further down the page you will see a section labeled "Payment Methods" where you can manually install payment modules.
- Look towards the top right of the Payment Methods section and click on the "Add New" button.
A small popup window labeled "Add New Payment Method" will appear with your preliminary settings.
- In the Payment Method field, scroll down to and select "Cybersource"
- Select the Country and State you would like this payment method to apply to.
- Choose the Minimum and Maximum order amounts this payment method will apply for.
- Choose the Customer Group you would like the payment method to apply for.
- Click on the "Add New" button to install the module.
The payment method will now be added. Your next step is to configure its account settings.
- Look for the payment method in your list, then look to the far right of it and make sure its toggle is turned to the "On" position.
- Type your Cybersource Merchant ID into the Merchant ID section and click "Save" at the top right of the page.
- After the page refreshes, look for the Cybersource payment method once again and click the Upload Key File button.
- Browse for the certificate you saved on your computer.
- Click Upload
- Click Save (at the top right) to complete
- Click the Test link to make sure the payment gateway is integrated properly. If it is, you will see a declined transaction in your Cybersource account.
Your 3dcart store is now connected to your Cybersource account.