Shift4Shop allows you to print shipping labels for your orders directly from the Online Store Manager. The shipping carriers that allow this feature are FedEx, and UPS.
Due to USPS shipping standards, you cannot print a shipping label directly from the Shift4Shop Online Store Manager panel using the steps outlined here. Instead, you would use the steps outlined here using Shift4Shop's Shipping Label Solution
Create an Account with the Shipping Carriers
You must create an account with the shipping carriers (FedEx, and/or UPS) to allow for printing of shipping labels. The process for each shipping carrier is different however, Shift4Shop has documented all steps needed to complete this.
Please review our Shipping Carrier Article for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to setup accounts with the shipping carriers.
Integrate Account Information
Once you have created your account with the shipping carrier you plan to use for shipping, you must enter the account information into your Shift4Shop store. This will integrate your shipping carrier account to your store's Shift4Shop Online Store Manager.
- Go to Settings >Shipping
- Look for the "Shipping Settings" section and click on the "Enter Settings" button
- Click on the "Enter your Credentials" link for your specific carrier.
- Enter the account information into the proper fields for the shipping carrier(s) you have setup accounts with.
- Click Save Changes.
After entering the credentials and saving the page, you will see a button labeled "Test." You may click this button to ensure the credentials are entered correctly.
Enter Company Address
The next step is to enter your Company Address into the "Merchant Information" section of the Online Store Manager. This is needed so that the shipping carrier knows what information to insert for the Shipping Label's "From" address.
- Go to Settings >General >Store Settings
- While in the "Store" tab, scroll down to the "Merchant Information" section
- Enter your company Name, Address, City, State, Zip and Country information.
- Click the "Save" button at the top right to commit your changes
Print a Shipping Label for FedEx, or UPS
To print a shipping label for FedEx, or UPS:
- Go to Orders >Manage Orders
- Look along the top and select the status that your orders are in
- Click the invoice number of the order you would like to print a Shipping Label for.
- Look towards the top right of the page and click the "Shipping Label" button.
- In the "Select a Carrier" dropdown, the system will default to shipping carrier selected by the Shopper. You can change this to a different shipping carrier if necessary.
- The Service Type field will show the shipping method the customer has chosen. This can be changed to a different method if you choose.
- Choose the type of packaging and other shipment details such as the package Length, Width, & Height as needed.
With FedEx labels, you will have additional selectable options such as:
- Hold at Location
- FedEx ShipAlert
- Priority Alert Plus
- Return Label
- Alcohol Shipment
- Click the Get Quote button to display the price to ship the package with all available shipping methods for the carrier selected.
- Click Close Quote when you are done looking at the shipping costs, or Get Label if you are ready to print the label.
- Once the shipping label has been created, it will display the tracking number and generate a charge for the label.
This charge will be deducted automatically from your shipping carrier account.
As shown above, you will have three options available:
- Click the "Print Label" button to print the shipping label.
- Click "Void Label" to cancel the label order (Meaning cancel the order for the label so you don't get charged for creating it. This does NOT refer to the customer's order).
- Click "Notify Customer (Receiver)" to send the Shipping Notification email to the customer. This will notify the customer the order is being shipped and display the tracking number to their package.
When using the Shipping Label feature, the customer will not automatically get notified the order has been shipped, even if you have automatic emails set for the 'shipped' status in the Settings >General >Store Settings section. You must click the Notify Customer button to have the 'Shipped' email sent. If you do not click the Notify Customer button, you can send the 'shipped' email from within the order in Online Store Manager by clicking Resend Email.
- Click Close if/when you are satisfied with the label.
- Once you click the Close button, the order in your Shift4Shop store will automatically be updated with the tracking number and get moved to the shipped status
- If you click on the Label Manager button again, it will display the details of your shipping order. You can choose to print the label again, void the label, or create a new label.
As mentioned at the start of this article, USPS shipping labels cannot be printed directly in the Shift4Shop Online Store Manager using the steps described above. Instead, you would use the steps outlined here using Shift4Shop's Shipping Label Solution
Another alternative to printing USPS Shipping Labels is through the use of Shift4Shop's integration with DYMO|Endicia.