Page Pre-loading helps to speed up page loading by allowing the store to begin loading the pages as the visitor begins to click on the link of the page they are about to visit. In other words, as the visitor is about to click through to one of your store's categeories (for example) - as they hover the mouse pointer over said category's link - the store will begin the initial loading process in the background. The result is that the subsequent page appears to load almost instantly for the visitor.
The following feature has been implemented on Shift4Shop CORE themes and templates only. HTML5 themes do not have this capability.
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left-hand navigation menu, go to Settings >General >Store Settings
- Once you get to the Settings page, click on the "General" tab located along the top.
- In the Performance section, mark the checkbox labeled "Enable Page Pre-loading"
- Click "Save" at the top right of the page
Once complete, your store will begin pre-loading pages as the visitor's mouse pointer hovers over the respective links.
Please note that this feature is incompatible with the Previous and Next buttons found on the Product Page. If you are using the Page Pre-Loading feature, we recommend hiding this by going to the Display Options tab in the Store Settings and navigating to the Product section. Here, you can click on the checkbox for the Hide prev/next on product page setting to do so.