If you would like to change a product's pricing based on the options that are selected for the item, you can add additional values to the individual product option sets. For example, a clothing product may come in a variety of colors all the same price, but when ordered in Blue, it adds $0.50 to the price. Or perhaps, you have the ability to embroider the article of clothing for an additional $2. In both of these cases, you would use the option value function.
To do this:
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Products >Product List
- Locate the product with options that you would like to edit and click on its Thumnbail Image, ID or Name.
- Then select the product's Options tab found along the top.
This article assumes that you already have options created for the product. If you need guidance in setting up the options themselves, please click here.
While viewing your product's options, you will see the Option Sets (i.e. Color, Size, etc), followed by their individual option selections (i.e. Red, Blue, Large, Small).
- Locate the option selection that you'd like to add a price increase to (Example, "Blue" under "Color")
- Add the price increase into the "Value" field for the option.
For example, if the option incurs a $2 price increase, simply write a "2" in the field.
- Repeat for any other options that incur additional pricing
- Click "Save" at the top right to commit your changes.
After taking the steps above, the Product on your store front will display the option selection with a "+$x.xx" label denoting that the price will increase for the option.* Furthermore, when actively selecting the option, the product's actual price will increase by the specified amount.
* Additional Information
As mentioned, the product option will display with a "+$x.xx" label on the option selection itself. For example, if the price increase is $2 for the color Blue, the option itself will be labeled "Blue (+$2.00)"
If you would like to remove this label from the option selection on the product page:
- Go to Settings >General >Store Settings
- Select the "Product Display" tab found along the top of the page
- Then locate and mark the "Hide options additional value" checkbox located towards the bottom.
This will remove the +$x.xx label from the option selection. However, the price increase on the product's pricing will still occur as intended.
- Can the product have add-ons that alter the price?
- How can I have variations that change the price?
- Can the price change based on variant selection?