3dcart allows you to export your order history in CSV format. This ability can be useful when you need to import your order history into specific accounting software, or if you need to review your order history for a particular date.
To export your order history:
- Go to Orders >Manage Orders
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the "Export/Import" button
- Click on the + symbol next to "Orders"
- Select your export filtering parameters as needed.
You will have the option of filtering the order export by Distributors, Date Ranges, and Statuses. You can also use the "Include Order Items" checkbox to list ordered items along with their respective orders.
Lastly, you can also create a custom export set that includes only the parameters that you need.
After selecting your export parameters, click on the "Export Data" link to generate the CSV file which can then be saved to your computer and used as needed.
The actual import/export process takes place "behind the scenes" of your store's software to prevent it from interfering with your store's active processes. By allowing the function to work in the background, you can go to other pages of the admin and still work on your store while importing or exporting large files.
During the process, you will be taken to the Import/Export Status page which will display a grid layout of your recent imports and exports. The progress column will show you the progress of the import.
At the far right of each grid item will be an action wheel that contains the following options:
- Download: Allows you to download the CSV file after a successful import/export
- Notify Me: For larger, more time consuming files; this option will let you input your email address so that you will receive a notice once the import/export is complete.
- View Log: Allows you to review the log of the import/export so you can see how many items were updated, inserted or if any records failed.
- Cancel: Allows you to cancel an impending import/export
- Retry: If for some reason the import/export fails, you may use this option to attempt a retry of the file.
- Delete: Use this to delete the record altogether from the status page.
This will be present in all of the store's Export/Import functions.
Please make sure your store's secure URL is pointing to your 3dcart store.