Your Shift4Shop store can be integrated with the main shipping carriers in order to provide your customers with real-time shipping calculations for their orders. Integrating your store with some shipping carriers also allows you - the Merchant - to print Shipping Labels (domestic U.S. only) for your customer orders, directly from the Shift4Shop Online Store Manager.
This guide will show you how to set up your account registrations with UPS and then integrate your credentials to your Shift4Shop store.
When you initially open up your Shift4Shop store, it will contain some basic UPS shipping methods by default. However, it should be noted that the credentials used for these shipping methods are merely for display purposes only and may not be entirely accurate to provide real-time shipping quotes. Therefore, it would be beneficial to register your own UPS credentials and integrate them to your store before going live.
Register with UPS
To register your UPS account, please follow these steps:
- Go to the UPS home page.
- If this is your first time at UPS, you may need to select your geographic location. Otherwise proceed to the next steps.
- Click on the "Log In" link located at the top of the page.
- On the next page, click the link labeled "Sign Up"
- Complete your Registration Process
Once you have registered your new UPS account you will have the following credentials available:
What you use to log into your UPS profile at UPS.com
What you specified for your profile login at UPS.com
- Account Number
The alpha-numeric UPS shipping account number generated for you upon during registration. This is needed for the Shift4Shop integration.
This information will be necessary to properly connect your Shift4Shop store to your UPS account.
Adding your UPS credentials to your Shift4Shop Store
Once you have registered your UPS account and have received an Account Number, proceed with the following steps to integrate them into your Shift4Shop Store.
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >Shipping
- Click on the "Enter Settings" button located under Shipping Settings
- Next to the UPS section, click on "Enter Credentials"
- Enter your UPS Account Number in the provided field
- Click "Connect" at the bottom of the page.
- You will be redirected to the UPS website where you will now need to login using your UPS credentials. Agree to the terms and continue.
At this point you will be taken back to your Online Store Manager with a confirmation message:
During real-time shipping calculation, the store will send a call to the UPS API with the order's destination, origin and details of the order for a calculation. In order for this to work, the origin point needs to be in an area in which UPS offers service. Namely the U.S.
Therefore, please make sure that your real-time shipping location is set to a U.S. Address.
You are done integrating your Store to UPS and can now use Real-Time Shipping Calculation for USPS shipping methods.
Please review our additional article on setting up the Shipping Methods
You will also be able to print UPS Shipping Labels directly within the Store Manager once you have completed the integration. No additional steps will be needed to start doing so.