On Enterprise level Shift4Shop stores, you can add an unlimited number of Order Statuses by using the following steps:
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >General >Store Settings
- Once there, click on the "General" tab found along the top of the page.
- In the General section of the page, look for and click on the "Edit Order Status" link
This page will contain all of your store's default Order Statuses (including 8 Custom Statuses that can be used for whatever order processing methods/steps you need).
Each of the order statuses contain the following settings:
This field can be used to change the label of the order status in your store's order manager screens.
Here is where you can set the sorting level of the order status. The higher the number, the further on the list it will appear.
Mark this checkbox to make the order status appear in your Order Manager.
As mentioned, there are 8 custom order statuses that you can use for whatever specific order processing methods you need. However, should you need to add additional order statuses, continue with the following steps:
- Click on the "+Add Order Status" button found at the top right
- Enter a Label for the new order status
- Set its sorting number to determine where it will appear on the order manager list
- And mark the checkbox to make it visible.
- When you're done configuring the order status, click on the "Add" button
- Repeat the above steps for each additional order status that you would like to add.
The order status(es) will be added to your list.
You may add an unlimited number of additional order statuses as needed.
Deleting Additional Order Statuses
Any additional order status that you create on the store can be deleted. To delete an additional order status, click on the "Delete" link located to the far right of its listing on the Edit Order Status page. Note that, if the Additional Order Status has any orders assigned to it, you will not be able to delete it until those orders are moved out of the status.
It is important to note that the additional order statuses will not be available in the "Send email for Order Statuses" function in your store settings. Therefore, placing orders in any of your additionally added statuses will not trigger emails to be sent to the customer.