If you are a reseller of 3dcart services, you may want to remove the 3dcart branding from the Online Store manager. This way, your customers will not see any 3dcart specific images when logging into their respective Online Store Manager accounts.
With the new 3dcart v7 Admin, branding is easier than ever!
What you will need:
- Basic Branding
- A 3dcart powered eCommerce Store
- FTP Access to the store and basic FTP knowledge
- A text file editor such as Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac)
- Advanced Branding
- Basic knowledge of CSS design
- Open up your computer's text editor and create a blank file called "brand.txt"
- Next, connect to your store's FTP server and navigate to web/assets/brand
- Upload the blank "brand.txt" file into this folder.
After uploading the brand.txt file as instructed, you won't see the effect just yet. You will need to first clear the store's cache to see it fully.
- Go to Settings >General >Store Settings
- Then, click on the "General" tab found along the top of the page.
- Look towards the right hand side of the page where you will find a checkbox labeled "Enable Adv Page Cache"
- Below the checkbox, click the button labeled "Clear Cache"
- Log out of the Online Store Manager and close your browser
Upon your next login to the Online Store Manager, the branding effect should be noticeable.
The presence of the brand.txt file in that specific folder will tell the Online Store Manager to use a specific set of design files with the OSM that do not contain any 3dcart information whatsoever. For example, normally, the login page looks like this:
With Branding turned on, the login page will look like this:
To revert back to the regular Online Store Manager (without branding), simply remove the brand.txt and brand_email.txt (see below) files and clear the stores cache again.
Be aware that, by default, 3dcart accounts will generate certain automatic emails that are currently branded as coming from 3dcart services. For example, your branded client may try to have a “forgot password” email sent to them, or they may need to unlock their account. In other cases, the client may go over their allotted bandwidth or perhaps they request an upgrade of their account.
For situations like this, you will want to specify your own email address to be used for these notifications so that your site’s branding remains invisible to your customers.
To specify the email address these notifications will go to
- Write the email address you’d like to use into a simple text file
- Name the file “brand_email.txt”
- Place the file into the assets/brand folder along with the brand.txt file mentioned above.
This will cause the admin generated message like the forgot password, invoice, script emails, etc to be delivered to the address specified inside the "brand_email.txt" file.
It is assumed that - as a reseller - you are knowledgeable in making CSS and image changes to your own branded admin. Therefore, we are only providing the basic details in this article. Please understand that branding the site falls outside of the scope of technical support, so our support agents will not be able to offer assistance on branding your admin.
The branding steps mentioned above will merely remove 3dcart branded images from the Online Store Manager. However the default color schemes and certain areas of the cart will still reflect the 3dcart look and feel. If you would like to control these aspects as well, you can apply advanced branding techniques to the store Admin. These involve using your own images and styles for the Admin to better reflect your reseller business's color schemes.
Within the brand folder, you will have two folders:
This folder will contain the images used in the branding of the Admin. Simply replace the images (keep them the same size and with the same name) to reflect whatever color/branding you would like to use for your reseller accounts.
This folder contains a blank CSS file called "brandstyle.css" that can be used to override styles used within the Online Store Manager.
Any CSS styles added to the "brandstyle.css" and re-uploaded to the brand folder will effectively replace the default styles used on the regular admin CSS
The admin's global CSS can be browsed to (after logging into the admin) by going to https://[your-store-URL]/admin/templates/css/global.css