If you 'd like to give your shoppers the option of adding a special Gift Message to be combined and shipped with the product, simply add it as an option type to the product(s).
From your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager:
- Go to Products >Product List
- Find the product that you'd like to edit and click on its name
(You can also look to the far right of the item and click on its "Action >Edit" button)
- Click on the Options Tab located along the top of the product information pages
- Then click the "+Add New" button located towards the top right
- Type in the Option label's name. For example, "Add a Gift Message"
- Type in the Sorting number – this is used to control how your options display if you have more than one for the same product.
Lower numbers will display before higher numbers.
- Using the "Type" drop down menu, select the one labeled "Text Area"
- Check the Required checkbox if you would like this option to be selected in order for the product to be added to the shopping cart.
- Click the "Add" button to add the Option Label
Once you've added the Option Label, you will see it listed in the Options Tab. Now, we'll go over the steps involved in setting up the individual option sets - in other words, the actual selections - for that option. In this case, we'll only need one for the shopper's gift message.
- Click on the "Add [option name]" link to proceed
[option name] will reflect whatever you named the option label.
- Enter a description for the individual Option such as "Gift Message"
- If the option incurs any additional cost, enter that amount in the "Value" field.
- Click Add to complete the set up for the option set
Your product will now include a text box that can be used to add a personalized message as shown below.