To send an email newsletter to your customers, use Shift4Shop's Mailing Manager.The mailing manager is accessed from: Marketing >Newsletters
Creating a newsletter email.
- Click "Create a Newsletter" on the top right of the page
- Add a name for your newsletter and specify the newsletter's "From" & "Reply to" addresses.
- Next, add the newletter Subject line, and enter the email contents in the Message box. With the WYSIWYG editor, you can use HTML formatting as well as regular text formatting. (We also provide a text only message box for email clients that may not necessarily accept HTML formatted emails.)
Tip: If using the WYSIWYG editor, you will also gain access to the Mailing Wizard that can visually help you create your messages as well as add product listings to your message!
- Once you are satisfied with the contents, save this email using the "Save" button located at the top right.
You will be able to send yourself a test newsletter at any time during the creation process to see how the format of the email is coming along. To send a newsletter test message, click on the "Action" button at the top right of the page and select "Send Test E-Mail."
This will allow you to enter your email address and send yourself a test message as needed during the creation of the newsletter.
Sending your Newsletter
After creating and saving your newsletter, you will be taken back to the Newsletter list that contains all of your saved Newsletters. To send a newsletters, follow these steps.
- Place a mark in the checkbox to the left of the listed newsletter that you wish to send.
- Now, look towards the right hand side of the screen in the "Action" column and click on the drop down arrow.
- Select "Send"
- You will be prompted to select a contact group that the newsletters will be sent to
- Select the desired group
The page will refresh with details of how many messages will be generated for this mailing.
Please take a moment on this screen to review your specific plan's newletter limits. Each Shift4Shop plan comes with a specific limit on the amount of newsletter emails that can be sent per month.
For more information, please review our pricing plan located here.
- When ready to proceed to the next step, click on the "Continue to Step 2" button located at the top right of the page
- You will now be prompted to enter a test email. The system will first send an email to this address so that you can make sure the email is formatted properly. Click on the "Continue to Step 3" button to proceed to the next step.
If the email did not look right, you can return to the email, make changes, and start the process again.
- If ready to send the newsletter emails, click on the "Send Emails" button located at the top right
The system will process the request and send the emails in your newsletter list.
Note: If you'd like to upgrade your account to allow for more newsletters, please visit the "Change" link in the Plan Information section of your Online Store Manager's home screen