If you have purchased the Custom Sale Price Rules add on, the following instructions will help you set it up.
This add on will allow you to discount items (by a percentage) automatically on a start date of your choosing, and then place the items back at regular price at the end date of your choosing.
In order for the script to identify the products properly, a prefix - based on the product SKUs - will be used. Therefore you will want to make sure your products have properly formatted SKUs. For example, if your intent is to place similar items on sale, those items should have similar SKUs (i.e. Tshirts SKUs that all start with T-00).
Once you've received confirmation that the add on has been applied to your store:
- Log into your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation, go to Modules
Once you're on Modules, use the search bar at the top of the page to search for "Product Sales Rules"
- When the module appears, click on the "Settings" button
- To add a new rule, click on the "Add New" button located at the top right.
You will have the following settings and options to configure:
- Product Prefix (required)
Enter the prefix of the product SKUs. All products with that SKU prefix will then be updated when the rule triggers.
(note you can also use partial SKU prefixes such as the first letter or number of the SKU)
- Sale Price Percent
Enter the percentage drop you'd like applied to the Sale Price of the item.For example, to make the sale price 20% of the regular price, enter 20 in the field.
- If you would like to create a rule that takes the items off sale, enter a 0 in the field to set the item back to regular price when the rule triggers.
- Start Date (optional)
Select a start date for your sale if you would like for it to run on a particular date. If you leave this blank, the sale will apply the next time the script runs
- End Date (optional)
Select an end date to the sale. When this data arrives, the script will place the items back into regular price. If you leave this blank, the sale will run indefinitely.
- Once the settings are configured, click "Save Changes" to finish adding the rule.
- Repeat for any other products sale price rules you'd like to add.
The script that controls the rule is set to run once every 24 hours. However, you can also manually run it by clicking on the "Run Script" button found along the top right.