The following steps will show you how to add the Fattmerchant Payment method to your store.
Checkout with Fattmerchant is not compatible on Internet Explorer 11. Instead, it is recommended to use Microsoft's Edge browser when checking out using Fattmerchant.
Adding the Online Payment Method
To add the Fattmerchant Payment method, log into your Fattmerchant account and retrieve your Web Payments Token and API Key. Once you have this information, proceed with the following:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings >Payment
- Next, click on the "Select Payment Methods" button to proceed.
On the Payment Methods page, you will see a section at the top labeled "Recommended Payment Solutions" with several pre-added payment methods. Just below this section you will see a section labeled "Payment Methods" where you can manually add your selected payment gateways and methods. To continue:
- Click on the "Add New" button at the top right of the Payment methods section
- In the Add New Payment Method section, click on the "Payment Method" drop down menu, select "Fattmerchant" as your payment gateway (they are listed alphabetically)
- Select the country and state you would like this payment method made available to.
- Enter the minimum and maximum value orders can be to use this payment method.
- Select the customer group you would like this payment method applicable to.
- Then click on the "Add New" button to continue
The payment method is now added to your store and will be listed in the "Payment Methods" section. From here, you will need to configure the method to work with your Fattmerchant account.
- Locate your newly added Fattmerchant payment method and click on its on/off toggle switch to open it
(if it's not already open)
- Copy/Paste your Web Payments Token in the provided field
- Then copy/paste your API Key into the provided field.
At this point in the process, you can save the page at the top right and Fattmerchant will be enabled on your store.
For Fattmerchant, you will also have the following configuration selections that can be used:
- Save the customer information for future transactions
Allows you to use the gateway's tokenization option
(if you have it as part of your account with the gateway)
- Authorize Only
This will enable the payment method's Authorize Only function so that payment is not actually collected until you manually capture the funds.
You also make the following changes to your newly added payment method before saving.
- To change the caption (default is Online Credit Card) that displays on the store front for the method, click on the pencil icon next to Caption to enter your own label for the payment method.
- Next to the region specification, you will see a link labeled "Exclude List" which will let you exclude users in specific locations from using the Fattmerchant Checkout method.
Next to the on/off toggle switch you will see an action wheel that allows you to enter into the method's Advanced Settings. From this section you can change the following:
- Minimum and Maximum Order Amount
The order amount ranges that the payment method will appear for. Order must be within the specifed ranges for the payment method to be applied.
- Customer Group
The specific customer pricing groups that the method will appear for. Customer must be logged into the specifed group in order for the payment method to be used.
- Order Status
Allows you to have orders paid with the method to appear in either the New or Unpaid order statuses.
- Description (Optional)
A brief description that will appear with the payment method on the checkout page.
- Confirmation Message (Optional)
A brief message that will appear along with the default "thank you" page at the end of checkout.
After making advanced settings changes, click Save to have the changes committed to the store.